About The Product
The Barcelona Chair originally designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe in the mid 19th century is the influence behind our state-of-the-art replica. We love the minimalist forms and exquisitely refined details of this iconic chair and tried to pay homage to the designer by achieving an extraordinary level of visual harmony using high quality materials.
- Available in 100% Full Grain Premium-Italian Leather upholstery, exclusively hand-picked by expert mid-century craftsmen.
- Cushion surface features individually cut and sewn leather panels for optimum detailing.
- The Chair Cushions are made using High Density Foam.
- Cushion foam is wrapped in Synthetic Silk underneath the leather upholstery to allow airflow.
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch ensures piping stays in place and seams are long lasting.
- Only replica in the US featuring seamless, smooth corners like the original.
- Heavy Grade Leather saddle straps color-match the upholstery; both sides of the leather straps are finished for extra strength and longevity.
- Frame is constructed from a superior grade single-piece stainless steel block for ultimate durability, stronger support and resistance to chipping, corrosion and rust;
- Hand-buffed to a mirror like sheen.
- Cushions strap in place using concealed buttons.
- Dimensions and Specifications true to the original design.
- Voted #1 in the US.
Julia from FIT
Whenever I have a project that requires high-quality mid-century modern furniture, I turn to Barcelona Designs with my eyes closed. It’s the only store I can trust their furniture matches the original design to the last detail in terms of materials, manufacturing process and specifications, to the point that it is almost impossible to notice the difference. Their Barcelona Chair is one of my go-to pieces! Its Italian leather and stainless steel frame are impossible to match!
Robert from PRATT Institute
I decided to use Barcelona Designs as the furniture dealer for all my interior design projects when I learned they welted and tufted all the 40 individual panels cut in their Barcelona Chairs by hand. This is a company that can look back on over 10 years of experience in the production of high-quality mid-century modern furniture and reproductions that are just like their original counterparts! Since then, I’ve never looked back and I’ve never been disappointed.