About The Product
Le Corbusier LC4 Chaise lounge is our reproduction of an analog mid-century modern lounge recliner. We think it’s a real eye popper. It was originally created in 1928 and exhibited at the Salon D’ Automne in 1929 in Paris. Sliding on its supports, the design utilizes the forces of gravity and your touch to adjust its angle from upright lounging to horizontal lounging. Once put into position, it remains. We love how it mirrors the body’s natural curves.
The body is amply filled with shape forming multi-density foam. Supporting the cushion, is a network of flexible suspension straps. We think this mid-century icon feels more like a comfy hammock. The angles and tubular bent steel body represent the scale of the original design. The Gravity lounge is 1920’s design of modernism respectfully reproduced to remind and inspire today’s contemporary homes.
Cowhide is the natural, unbleached skin and hair of a cow. It retains the original coloring of the animal. In the tannery, a traditional hair on hide- tanning method is employed to ensure that the hide is soft. It ensures that the cowhide will last longer. It is then naturally dried and hand-selected for best visual on furniture. Due to the natural state of the hide, the actual coloration on each item will vary from the image.
- The entire chair is stitched and crafted by hand
- Comes complete with tubular headrest pillow
- Adjusts to various reclining angles
- Removable lounge cushion with rear zipper
- Comes standard with leg floor protection caps
- Solid steel with powder coated black finish
- Polished Stainless steel resists chipping & rust
- Reinforced bottom elastic supporting strap network
- Multi-density dacron wrapped foam provides comfort & cushion memory
- Cross Edge Stitch
- Upholstered in hand selected authentic cowhide fur