About The Product
Originally designed back in 1949, by Italian architect and designer Carlo Mollino: The Protractor Desk takes its rightful place as the modernist icon of writing desks. A study of the architectural elements comprising the structure of the Protractor Desk brings a full appreciation for the modernist masterpiece.
Resting on raised stainless steel support buttons, a 15 mm thick tempered glass plate provides an elegant writing surface for Protractor. Stainless steel bolt sleeves float the wooden beams off the surface of the slatted cube of 5 drawers. On the opposite side, total transparency is achieved with an open-faced single pull out drawer covered by a 15 mm glass panel. Two steel rods extend from the boomerang beams, supporting the outer edge of the transparent drawer. A design marvel exceptionally reproduced and coated with a brilliant lustrous finish.
- Superior craftsmanship – same manufacturing process and materials as per the original
- Body Materials Real American Walnut wood veneer
- Top Surface 15 mm Tempered Glass surface
- Stainless steel hardware
- 5 drawers on smooth metal glides
- 1 open face top drawer
- Honed glass edge
- Comes with floor protection pads on legs